Clean Harbors Elgin, IL is looking for a Diesel Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! The role would specialize in Heavy Duty Diesel Tank Trucks.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Work in a team environment to repair assets for the Clean Harbors and Safety-Kleen Organization;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment;
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment, vehicles and machinery;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and vehicles;
- Disassemble, inspect and replace worn or broken parts;
- Fit and adjust new or repaired parts;
- Complete and submit all associated paperwork as required for tracking Preventative Maintenance schedules;
- Safely operate gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders and various hand and power tools;
- Safely move company equipment in the yard as needed;
- Maintain a clean work environment;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Previous experience in heavy duty and/or equipment maintenance (Diesel);
- Ability to use MS Windows and web-based software applications;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record;
- Must have own tools;
- Related mechanical certifications are an asset (i.e.: brake certification or FMCSA);
- Ability to be a team player and take ownership.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.