This Senior Accountant role will be responsible for reviewing, reconciling, and maintaining a variety of accounting and financial data and information, including assisting with financial closings, preparing a variety of reports and records of assets and liabilities, and other complex financial transactions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401k with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepare reconciliations of specialized balance sheet accounts that are more complex in nature; reconcile sub-ledgers to general ledger;
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries;
- Prepare account analyses of the more complex balance sheet accounts with month to month changes and year to year changes;
- Support the field and other business units regarding prepaids, accruals, revenues, expenses, etc. and other journal entry or monthly questions that arise;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Prepare financial information included in footnotes and management’s discussion and analysis of 10Qs and 10Ks;
- Act as Key Liaison with external auditors for quarterly and annual filings;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and participate in the forecasting process as needed;
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor potential control deficiencies noted, procedural changes that have occurred or may occur which may require updates to SOX documentation, and for suggesting improvements to the financial control environment;
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Assist management with Ad Hoc projects.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required;
- 3+ years of Public Accounting experience or 3+ years at a public company or a mix of both;
- CPA preferred;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required;
- Analytical and detail-oriented;
- Ability to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements;
- Ability to prioritize between multiple tasks;
- Team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or similar ERP software preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.