The Field Service Specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring that all jobs performed by a Branch are properly scoped, quoted and executed safely and efficiently to meet the clients' expectations while adhereing all applicabel Company, Local, State and Federal (SOP) Regulations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner always;
- Conduct walk-throughs and scope potential projects for clients including cost estimation, technical proposal preparation and client support;
- Responsible for business development, maintenance of customer relationships and the scoping and quoting of projects/jobs;
- Responsible for the proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment for assigned work;
- Manages large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed;
- Directs personnel in the operational procedures and requirements to complete field service planned projects and emergency responses;
- Works with the Field Service Coordinator or Branch Manager in the communication of the manpower, equipment and resources required to complete scheduled and emergency response projects;
- Participates in joint sales calls with the Account Managers, Territory Managers;
- Ensures proper communication with the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services. Validates project progression status and that change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s);
- Responsible for health and safety adherance and any issues surrounding projects assigned. Responsible for reviewing operational procedures and assuring correct health & safety plans are in place.Communicates effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action;
- Interfaces with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues;
- Responds immediately when on-call or secures proper coverage and communicates replacement name to the supervisor/manager;
- Documents competitive issues and conveys findings to management;
- Maintains, in proper working order, any assigned Company equipment;
- Trains and mentors Field Service Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision;
- FSS is repsonsible fro profiling of Hazardous and Non Hazardous waste, as well as determing waste final disposal destinations with the Companies owned disposal sites;
- FSS is required to support and enforce the culture of our 365 Safety program.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in environmental studies preferred;
- 3-5 years of experience in field service operations;
- Valid driver's license;
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Environmental Services work;
- Ability to work in a high demand deadline-oriented environment;
- Leadership and supervisory skills;
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance strongly preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications;
- Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening;
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching;
- Requires lifting to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.