The Facility Operations Manager will be responsible for the supervision of plant personnel and operations, such as drum pumping, drum dumping, bulk handling (tankers and roll offs), shipping and receiving operations. In addition to this, other duties as assigned.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Enforce and maintain compliance with safety, employee safety and good housekeeping policies and programs;
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment by interpreting, training and directing personnel on SOP’s, best practice and company policies and procedures;
- Plan, establish, direct, and supervise the activities of the team members by communicating job expectations, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures;
- Complete production plans by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; and resolving problems;
- Maintain workflow by monitoring steps of the process; set processing variables; observe control points; monitor personnel and resources; initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments;
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answer questions and respond to requests;
- Analyze operations data to identify opportunities and drive action to improve and resolve them;
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, reports and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to safety, production and/or processing standards;
- Request and ensure timely follow-up on equipment repairs & service;
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality and efficiency;
- Recommend and execute personnel actions, including hiring, employee evaluations, terminations and promotions.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years of supervisory and managerial experience (preferably in a packaging & filling manufacturing environment);
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, and operating within, cross-functional teams as well as the ability to significantly integrate within customer-centric organizations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work weekends occasionally as needed.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.