The Retail Waste Receiving Technician is responsible for the receiving, coding, and processing of incoming drum waste, and other hands-on operations required by the facility.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Receives all lab pack containers and properly codes all chemicals for disposal processing;
- Performs consolidation of lab packs for final disposal as needed;
- Samples all incoming drums and performs basic analysis of samples;
- Completes all paperwork associated with consolidation, analysis and drum sampling;
- Assures all drums are properly final coded for routing and billing, or assigned proper disposal process or outbound profile;
- Safely utilize a forklift to move containers around the facility;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required, chemistry related education is an asset;
- Previous experience handling hazardous waste highly preferred;
- Regulatory hazardous waste training is an asset;
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting would be beneficial;
- DOT training and forklift certification is an asset;
- Previous shipping/receiving experience.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.