The Hazardous Waste Program Manager (known internally as an InSite Project Manager) works with team members to support the execution and continuous improvement of a client’s environmental management program. This role serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors. This position is responsible for managing our client’s hazardous waste program.
Work location is in Kitimat, B.C. (RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE)
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assign and supervise daily activities of the onsite environmental crew.
- Communicate Health and Safety feedback with Technical Services upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed.
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance.
- Manage waste storage area and ensure that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment
- Source new and alternative disposition options for client waste streams with cost control and recycling remaining a priority.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred);
- 3+ years of environmental experience;
- 3+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program;
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management;
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc.;
- Experience working very closely with customers and maintaining customer relationships;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Excellent Communication abilities
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.