As a Heavy-Duty Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic in Carson, California, you will be responsible for conducting maintenance on our fleet of company vehicles, Class 6, 7 and 8 trucks, Hydrovac trucks, and various types of trailers and other heavy equipment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we Live it 3-6-5
- Competitive hourly wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for personal growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform services and repairs from basic preventative maintenance inspections and troubleshooting, all the way up to brake work, suspension and drive-line repairs on medium and heavy-duty trucks and trailers.
- Perform DOT, BIT, FMCSA inspections and corresponding repairs
- Familiarity with diesel emissions systems.
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists
- Move company equipment safely in yard as needed
- Performing routine physical labor duties and help keep the workplace clean and safe
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 3 years’ experience with heavy-duty trucks, trailers, and specialized equipment preferred
- Be a team player.
- Understanding of air brake systems and basic hydraulics
- Must have your own hand tools
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds consistently
- Basic welding and light fabrication skills a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Have your own comprehensive set of mechanic’s hand tools
- Basic computer skills, ie the ability to enter maintenance data on a work station or via a phone app.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is a leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.