Across North America, Clean Harbors employs more than 4,000 commercially endorsed drivers and we are looking for Driver Engagement Manager to help improve the employment life cycle of our drivers. Each Advocate will have primary responsibility for one type of driver (Class A, Box Truck, Oil Truck, etc.) while also serving as the regional expert (East, Midwest, Canada, etc.) where appropriate. Acting as the liaison between drivers, various levels and functional areas of leadership, and external organizations, this person will seek to understand and improve the overall state of our driver workforce. Some of our drivers operate their truck at a job site, some drivers are in box trucks, some drivers perform local route sales and service, some drivers run roll offs and end dumps and some drivers haul regional or over the road, and their engagement, work environment, and culture are important to our customers and ultimately company success.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Continually review recruitment process through a series of qualitative and quantitative measures, and implement solutions to increase the quality and quantity of drivers. Key metric of 30 days turnover <5%;
- Continually review onboarding process through a series of qualitative and quantitative measures and implement solutions to increase the retention. Key metric of 90 days turnover <15% and TTJR
- Interview all candidates for the type of driver role they are experts in;
- Analyze survey data (engagement, onboarding, recruitment, etc.) to make data driven recommendations on process improvements;
- Work with H&S to ensure we have appropriate pre-employment, random, and annual testing which takes our employees in mind;
- Work with Trans Compliance to ensure we are adhering to all safety standards while looking at new ways to identifying drivers including working with employees under 21 years old;
- Develop Driver Forum to continuously gather feedback from their driver constituency with the goal of improving driver relationships and retention;
- Partner with our Total Rewards team and senior management to continuously refresh and evolve our driver compensation programs;
- To be a champion of our company values, ensuring an engaged and diverse workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for a drivers;
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates);
- Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve goals (e.g., turnover, time to job ready, employment brand, employee engagement, etc.) and implement operational improvements;
- Respond to issues in a timely manner, identify an action plan, implement and report out the variance to the manager;
- Partner with local Regional Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Teams, Human Resources Business Partners, Asset Management, Regional Leadership to coordinate, facilitate, and measure related activities;
- Track performance and provide identified retraining and process improvement opportunities;
- Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with operations and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives;
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to talent acquisition, on boarding, and driver training
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- A passion for customer service. For both internal and external customers;
- Prior experience as a driver, manager of drivers, dispatcher would be considered an asset for this role;
- A passion for making the workplace better;
- Ability to make sense of big data sets; use analytical rigor to make accurate and precise decisions that will solve real problems;
- Ability to move quickly and understand many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk taking. However, it is also necessary to understand what decisions are one-way doors and need more time and consensus;
- Ability to think long term and not sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. Act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team. Never say “that’s not my job."
Use technology to spur innovation and invention and always find ways to simplify. Externally aware, look for new ideas from everywhere, and are not limited by “not invented here." As we do new things, we accept that we may be misunderstood for long periods of time.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.