Clean Harbors Retail Team has an exciting and high energy opening for Sr. Hazardous Waste Program Specialist (known internally as Sr. Retail Specialist). This role is primarily responsible for providing premiere customer support to both external and internal customers. The Sr. Program Specialist will be a dynamic team player as part of a fast moving, professional support unit, able to provide a variety of support oriented communications and deliverables. The Sr. Program Specialist will also be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment to ensure only the best support is provided to all customers. In your role as Sr. Program Specialist you will be able to execute the responsibilities below.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Act as project manager in the onboarding of new accounts to the Retail Platform, provide leadership by building and motivating team members to meet project deliverables and deadlines, oversee day-to-day progress on all timelines, and provide status updates to Senior Management as needed.
- Interpret Safety Data Sheet information to create customer waste profiles.
- Possess knowledge of and experience with Hazardous Waste Manifests and their use in documenting and transporting Hazardous Materials;
- Act as subject expert on all aspects of your assigned customer accounts including timely and accurate issue resolution, delivery of customer reports, supporting communication and follow up to client requests;
- Navigate CHES CRM and database to ensure client sites are set up correctly, run reports as required by clients and proactively review client activity to ensure compliance with waste shipments and timeliness of service;
- Work with various operational teams to ensure customer’s protocols are followed and that service expectations are met.
- Address onsite protocols, issues, and service delays with Retail Technicians as needed.
- Support the Retail Program Manager in their absence and or with special projects and business needs as they arise;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2+ years hazardous waste experience in field or related office position;
- Successful project management or customer onboarding experience;
- Expertise in Excel to analyze and produce customer reports;
- Proficient with hazardous waste profiles or chemistry principles and knowledge of disposal processes and procedures;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and ability to interact with customers as well as all levels of internal business partners.
- Contract management and basic understanding of pricing and quoting policies;
- Computer literate with ability to become proficient on multiple systems;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to interact with all levels of management;
- RCRA, DOT, or Hazwoper training a plus
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.