The Equipment Operator I operates heavy equipment (Hydro-blasting, five lance machine, Single, double, triple, hands free automation lancing, 3D 2D nozzle, etc.) within the refinery setting. Assures unit has daily maintenance duties performed and communicates any problems or issues with the unit immediately upon discovery.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Operating the following: Hydro-blasting, five lance machine, Single, double, triple, hands free automation lancing, 3D 2D nozzle, etc.
- Operates a forklift as necessary.
- Completes daily checklist as required for proper operation of the unit being operated.
- Assures unit is never operated in an unsafe manner or in a manner which is inconsistent with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements.
- Assures that all containers are properly secured, i.e. chock blocks, jack stands.
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures that work meets compliance standards within facility operation.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2-3 years of equipment operating experience: Hydro-blasting, five lance machine, Single, double, triple, hands free automation lancing, 3D 2D nozzle, etc.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (sometimes climbing a ladder)
- Able to operate physical controls/pedals associated with the piece of equipment (manual dexterity)
- 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical
- Needs good balance
- Ability to use tools and to assist in PM of Equipment
- Ability to lift hoods to assist with equipment repairs
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.