The iOS Tech Lead (internally known as Mobile Tech Lead) leads complex changes to the Clean Harbors Mobile Applications and take ownership of key processes and strategic changes. The iOS Tech Lead is responsible for the success of the 19 iOS Apps and should be an expert in Mobile technologies. We are looking for someone to lead by example and push the team to even higher heights. You'll join our mobile platform team and work as a support engineer for other iOS engineers. This includes further developing our core architecture, setting up tooling and automation, adopting new best practices and coding. You'll be a mentor to less experienced engineers on the team and help them get started on new projects. You'll work closely with teams outside of iOS on projects, including other engineering teams, product, design, QA and more.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Lead the Mobile Application SDLC utilizing an Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver business critical updates and enhancements for our mobile application;
- Contribute application solutions, including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, resolution of technical issues, and application rationalization;
- Recommend business model enhancements through rapid and continuous learning, research, and evaluation of emerging trends and novel approaches;
- Display initiative and an ability to lead others while developing, coaching, and mentoring the applications team in a disciplined manner;
- Build, maintain, and influence relationships with senior leaders in IT and key company stakeholders by leveraging strong business knowledge and interpersonal skills;
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues: provide design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines;
- Understand and mitigate the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
- Apply robust analytic thinking with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues;
- Achieve significant contributions through membership of a small team of developers; lead and deliver solutions within an Agile methodology, while ensuring quality, timeliness, and team-wide adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering preferred;
- Direct experience leading technology teams in: Defining creating, and supporting customer-facing mobile applications with strong knowledge of industry trends, technologies and platforms;
- Experience building and releasing consumer apps for iPhone and Android (nice to have);
- Superb verbal and written communication with team mentality and ability to build strong relationships;
- Demonstrated history of staying current in emerging technology trends and solutions;
- Competency and comfort with providing direction to other mobile developers, taking direction from product and creative leads, and communicating issues, providing estimates, and initiating creative solutions to technical challenges;
- Thorough understanding of OOP, design patterns, mobile, and enterprise in mobile application integration;
- Mobile application development [e.g. iOS, Swift, Android, Xamarin, PhoneGap];
- SQL databases [e.g. SQL Lite and SQL CE];
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment [e.g. Git, TFS];
- Scripting and Automation [e.g. Bash, Powershell];
- Unit testing using NUnit and related tools;
- Data Integration Tools [SSIS, Informatica, Enterprise Service Bus];
- Source control using Git or TFS;
- Application Performance Best Practices and Tuning (Web and Mobile App);
- Secure Application Development Best Practices (i.e. OAUTH);
- API Development best practices (i.e. REST, WCF, WebAPI).
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.