Clean Harbors is seeking a Training Program & Development Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Training Program & Development Manager is responsible to content create, program manage and facilitate leadership, management and field operations training courses leveraging virtual technology. The Training Program & Development Manager will facilitate content across multiple disciplines to improve leadership/management capabilities needed to lead a performance-based workforce. The Training Program & Development Manager will develop curriculum and content to ensure proper and consistent procedures are in place to develop business skills and technical capabilities of new and incumbent branch management leadership.
Location is flexible.
Why work for Clean Harbors
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Evaluate content, curriculum and effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Facilitate subject matter expert (SME) training presentations;
- Develop pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs for continuous improvement in individual, team, business unit and organizational performance;
- Facilitate training courses on-line and/or other non-traditional delivery methods such as video conferencing and webinars;
- Develop and organize training materials, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials;
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs;
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures;
- Identify training competencies for specific training programs and ensure requirements are tracked systematically;
- Nurture and maintain working relationships with field personnel and senior management to ensure the smooth conveyance of training programs;
- Ensure all existing training and development programs and content are up to date including changes to policies, procedures and regulations;
- Ensure proper and consistent procedures are being taught to maintain an effective workforce;
- May assist with the implementation and roll out of new company business systems, business processes, or devices, including supporting employees needing help understanding new business systems, applications, computer devices or equipment;
- Collaborative support to human resources and management to maximize the learning and development benefit for the employee, company, and business unit;
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them;
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma and specialized training required;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- 1-3 Years experience in the area of training discipline;
- 5-7 years Training experience; Management experience; Must have experience in the area of training discipline;
- Must be proficient in the use of training and delivery technology; Must be proficient in MS Office Suite; Knowledge of Clean Harbors product lines;
- Must have experience and/or knowledge in the area of training discipline;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building;
- Detail oriented and able to solicit feedback for process improvement;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Self-starter and results oriented;
- Research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- Commitment to quality, responsibility and high work standards;
- Computer competence and the ability to use virtual technology effectively;
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.