Our Clean Harbors location in Sarnia, ON is hiring a Laboratory Technologist. The primary responsibilites will be to perform specific analytics methods in support of the landfill and incineration and communicate with operations for a diverse range of sample metrics. These samples will encompass yard derived work, compliance and sales.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with opportunity for overtime;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Complete analysis of samples received from operations, sales or internal compliances;
- Follow methods approved by Lampton laboratory and use critical thinking skills in interpreting results and recommending disposal options;
- Perform job requirements with the company standards;
- Provide support to Operations in the event of an emergency;
- Sample and test materials identified as part of Facilities Certificates of Approval.
- Log and manage all samples entering the laboratory;
- Carries out communications with other plant staff when necessary (i.e. Dispatch, Security, Transportation, Maintenance, Customer Service, Laboratory, Landfill in a professional manner.)
- Provide training to new employees, provide support to operations groups.
- Complies with company standards and assist in maintaining, with respect of safety, laboratory operations, environmental control, security and housekeeping.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Chemical Technology Diploma, or equivalent required;
- Previous experience working with environmental, industrial or hazardous waste required;
- Solid understanding of math and chemistry required;
- Good organizational skills, decisiveness, initiative, and attention to detail is required;
- Excellent computer skills required;
- Ability to read and understand regulations/SOPs and then apply that knowledge in a variety of situations;
- Good written and oral communications skills required.
- Valid Drivers license required.
|40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. |
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.