Clean Harbors is looking for a Marketing Director: Content. The Marketing Director: Content is responsible for writing and copyediting content that supports the marketing strategy and drives engagement.
The Director will develop the messaging for our products and services in the market as well as create engaging and persuasive marketing copy with strong calls to action. They will be responsible for the creation of high-quality writing and editing for a variety of marketing materials across multiple channels, both digital and print.
The Director will work closely with Creative and Digital to develop and execute marketing campaigns that align with our go-to-market plans and business goals.
We are looking for a master storyteller, with an audience-first mindset for this role. This position will be responsible for developing content and this will require excellent interpersonal and communicative skills, as well as demonstrating sound leadership and decision-making abilities.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Develop marketing collateral and written materials that support the Marketing team’s customer acquisition and retention efforts. Ensure the content is on brand and in brand voice.
- Create written content for web, email and print media that propels the brand and business forward.
- Develop compelling and engaging content, strong calls to action, on-brand and on-deadline, for a wide range of products and services. This involves generating (researching and writing) original as well as curating and editing/redeveloping existing content.
- Create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
- Research and analyze market segments, and lines of business to develop a thorough understanding of target customer needs; Use contemporary tools to capture voice of the customer.
- Work with Marketing, Sales and Operations teams to develop and write a variety of engaging, persuasive and relevant marketing content for our websites.
- Interview subject matter experts to produce thought leadership content that drives engagement with customers, prospects and industry experts.
- Manage content messaging from concept to final draft.
- Perform comprehensive editing for grammar, usage, consistency, accuracy, and AP style in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create original web content that adheres to company best practices and strategies.
- Adhere to and educate others on writing standards and quality control measures to ensure consistent messaging, tone and brand identity.
- Strong leadership abilities to drive the team.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or a related field.
- 5 to 10 years; marketing, communications, journalism or related experience
- Proven work experience as a Copywriter, Content Writer or similar role, with portfolio samples
- Strong writing, editing, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) to a variety of audiences about a variety of topics, using appropriate writing style to reflect intent and desired outcome.
- Ability to quickly learn and translate complex principles, strategies, and information into customer-friendly content.
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content that provokes engagement.
- Ability to develop, prioritize, execute, multiple simultaneous content creation projects.
- Demonstrated outstanding written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Experience developing thought leadership strategy at scale
- Excellent organization, execution and project management capabilities with attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills and ability interact and engage at all levels of the organization
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.