This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Carson, CA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021
Job ID: 70133
|Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.|
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
Our Environmental Technician I, II, and III are responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials.
Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. These positions offer the opportunity to work as part of a team and grow and advance from entry-level to management at Clean Harbors.
• Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects. • Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc.
• Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
• Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
• Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance.
• Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
• Completion of associated paperwork, including but not limited to daily worksheets, vehicle inspections, equipment inspections and Health and Safety requirements and permits.
• Quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
• Vehicle inspections, equipment inspections and Health & Safety inspections. Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notifies supervisor of any mechanical failures or problems with equipment.
• Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations.
• The ability to wear and properly use a variety of Levels A, B, C & D personal protective Equipment (PPE) including respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
• May direct the work of the Environmental Technician I and II.
• Assist in the field sampling activities and calibration of meters.
• Climbs ladders, scaffolding and into and out of trucks, tanks, and various other containers.
• Works extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods. Note that in emergency response situations these periods can extend beyond 8 hours, up to 12-24 hrs.; Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during week-ends and holidays
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High School diploma or equivalency. 2 or 4 year degree in Environmental Studies is a plus. • 2+ years construction field or related experience.
• Will be required to complete confined space entry (CSE) and 40 Hour OSHA Training.
• Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI, includes: No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years; No DUI/DWI in past 3 years; No preventable accidents in the past year; No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years; No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
• Clean driving record and a valid drivers license required as a continuing condition of employment.
• Knowledge of RCRA requirements/regulations.
• Attention to detail and perform multiple tasks.
• Ability to work with little or no direct supervision and an aptitude to complete assigned work.
• Understands the manpower and equipment required to complete assignments
• Knowledge of chemicals preferred.
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) preferred.
• Strong mechanical ability.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Position involves strenuous physical exertion.
• Available for 24/day on-call basis.
• Requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs.
• Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in confined spaces; Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses); Requires sitting.
• Requires the ability to properly wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including levels A,B,C,D & E, including full encapsulation PPE suits which can elevate body temperature substantially during strenuous exertion.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. HAZWOPER, Laborer, Technician, Confined-space, Field Tech, Field Laborer, First responder, Hydroblast