Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology come be part of the solution with us.
Commercial Operations at Clean Harbors is seeking a Data Analyst. This role will be responsible for analyzing various business processes to determine process optimization and automation.
Commercial Operations is a team of Finance and Data professionals who perform strategic analysis of a $3.4 billion annual revenue business.
In this role, you will work directly with subject matter experts from finance and operational teams to identify process improvement. The ideal candidate has SQL and advanced Excel skills, experience automating, and has worked with finance and accounting teams.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- SQL Expert
- Support Operating and Finance groups by providing data, utilizing a variety of internal systems and applications
- Support Operating and Finance groups by automating and/or maintaining reports
- Build dynamic PowerBI applications
- Utilizes SQL for data extraction and report automation
- Validate data for accuracy and explain potential weaknesses in the data (filter/clean data, expose errors, and plan for corrections)
- Develop reports using the organizational structure
- Analyze business processes for optimization
- Communicate opportunities for process improvement
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Document, map, and develop efforts to reduce manual procedures
- Respond to ad-hoc requests
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems, or related degree required with proven academic performance
- 3+ years’ experience in Data Analytics or related academic degree required
- SQL is required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with VBA is a plus
- Experience in automation with demonstrated use of SQL/VBA
- Experience providing support in collaborative, remote environment required
- Knowledge of Finance or Business Operations is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal skills; effortless English
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time required