Clean Harbors York, Pennsylvania is looking for an Insite Supervisor to join their safety conscious team! The Environmental Supervisor (Internally Known as) is responsible for the supervision of foremen and technicians as applicable under the staffing scenario for the particular Apollo Onsite contract and ensures that Health and Safety Requirements are adhered to at all times while overseeing site operations, schedule, labor, equipment, materials, and sub-contractors.
***The shift for this position is 2:00PM-10:30PM**
Why work for Clean Harbors?
Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/ with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Develop work plans and schedule required resources to efficiently complete each project.
- Oversee projects for health and safety, profitability, completeness, and professionalism.
- Demonstrate proficiency at a wide variety of assignments and can direct personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments.
- Understand the manpower and equipment requirements to complete and supervise Field Service and emergency response projects.
- Manage large- scale field service, and emergency response projects.
- Use knowledge and experience to reduce project costs to CHES.
- Communicate with the Program Manager to ensure all contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status, and any change orders are completed and executed before any additional work is performed.
- Manage health and safety issues surrounding each assigned project including, reviewing operational procedures to assure correct health and safety action plans, and effective communication with the health & safety organization on site specific action.
- Training and mentoring of foreman and technicians; Provide information to the program manager for reviews for individuals for whom the position directly supervises; May participate in the review process with the program manager.
- A strong understanding of all equipment operations required.
- Inspection of all equipment used on projects and ensure the proper use, maintenance, and return of all equipment.
- Completion of all applicable paperwork for job activity, including but not limited to worksheets, vehicle inspections, equipment inspections, and health and safety required inspections and permits.
- Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2+ years’ experience in environmental field service operations.
- OSHA trained preferred (29 cfr 1910.120, Confined Space, First Aid/CPR, and OSHA regulated substances
• Leadership and supervisory skills
- Time management, scheduling and communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulation (safety, compliance, legal, and transportation and disposal) related to field service operations.
- Position involves strenuous physical exertion. Positions constantly require standing, lifting to 50lbs., pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in confined spaces. Frequently requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses).
Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally responsible business. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran’s status or based on disability.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.