Our Buttonwillow facility is seeking a Treatment Plant Operator. Our Treatment Plant Operators controls the plant from the control room logics system and reports directly to the Treatment Plant Supervisor. This person will be responsible for performing all aspects of Stabilization Treatment the stabilization treatment plant (including solidification and stabilization) processes including but not limited to tanker unloading, waste treatment, reagent additions, sampling, daily reporting and completing daily and monthly inspections.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Monitor and control equipment via logic in control room, making adjustments as needed;
- Use hand tools and perform minor maintenance, including but not limited to, greasing of moving parts, checking hydraulic system fluid levels;
- Perform daily inspections and report any defects that are noted;
- Optimize production rates within permitted limits and conditions;
- Take equipment readings and maintain production logs;
- Perform manual tasks such as cleaning up spills when necessary while taking all safety precautions necessary to prevent accident or injury;
- Running the logic system which operates the treatment plant;
- Communications with the treatment plant heavy equipment operators and the other technicians so all waste gets compliantly treated and managed in a fast time frame.;
- Ensuring all plant cleaning is done and treated waste is in order;
- Working and monitoring pumps and motors throughout the plant via the system;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college a plus;
- Computer skills required;
- Mechanical aptitude is necessary;
- Previous experience working in refinery, production, or process control facility preferred;
- Previous hazardous waste experience a plus;
- Forklift experience a plus;
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn (on the job training is provided);
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/ Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.