Clean Harbors San Jose, CA is looking for an InSite Chemist to join their safety conscious team! This person would be responsible for assisting in the collection, identification and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at this specific site location as well as spill response activities on site. This person will be serving clients throughout the Greater Bay Area.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Make chemical pickups throughout customer facility as directed;
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required;
- Prepare computer-generated packing lists, labels, manifests, and land disposal restrictions notifications.
- Identify unknown laboratory chemicals when they are encountered.
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Perform inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance.
- Inspect storage area for leaks or spills.
- Inspect drums for compliance with labeling regulations.
- Collect, segregate, and properly package waste chemicals for disposal to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance.
- Prepare all necessary tracking paperwork.
- Assign proper waste codes to all materials that are designated for disposal.
- Participate in spill response on customer’s site as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Valid Drivers License with clean driving record
- Forklift Training and Certification Preferred
- 1+ years of related work experience;
- 40 Hour OSHA, DOT preferred;
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks;
- Ability to interface with customers.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.