Safety-Kleen is seeking a Operations Manager, internally known as a Customer Service Manager, to join the Safety-Kleen branch team. Our most successful Route Service Managers have experience working in a fast-paced environment in order to bring a high quality of service to customers. Ideal candidates understand what it takes to motivate and direct a staff. They understand that proper motivation involves training, development and setting goals. These individuals know that the key to success is making the customer top priority. They have the ability to do this while still having a strong operational adherence to all DOT, EPA, State and Local Regulations and Safety-Kleen Policies and Procedures. We invest in you from day one, by providing you with an exemplary company paid training program, to ensure your success with Safety-Kleen!
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Train, develop and manage Sales and Service Representatives.
- Manage flow of service requests to ensure customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct End-of-day Check-In / Morning Check-Out process with Service Representatives to ensure daily expectations are met and employees are prepared for the day.
- Hold service representatives accountable to service performance requirements.
- Fulfill duties of Service Representative when he/she is absent.
- Provide field coaching and sales training to Sales Representatives.
- Collect and distribute leads and cross-selling opportunities between sales and service representatives.
- Work to prevent and resolve customer service issues and complaints.
- Ensure customer service expectations are being met.
- Reinforce daily safe work practices and deliver safety training weekly.
- Monitor daily service operations to assure performance within regulatory guidelines.
- Observe and enforce corporate operating guidelines and procedures.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years of relevant experience OR non-commissioned officers OR commissioned officers (no additional leadership experience necessary)
- 2+ years of leadership experience OR current Safety-Kleen employee
- Must have the ability to obtain and retain a Class B commercial driver’s license with Hazmat endorsements
- Business math skills
- Intermediate or greater Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available to report for work by 6:30 AM or earlier daily
- Ability to develop customer loyalty
- Applicant must be able to successfully pass comprehensive security background screenings so as to service all Safety-Kleen customers who are federally regulated by TSA, DOD, DOJ, DHS, etc.
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Safety-Kleen? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.