The Contract Review Attorney is responsible for the contract review process including participation in the setting of policies and procedures.
Experience : 3+ years corporate, commercial and contractual legal practice experience.
Qualification : Bachelor / Master of Law
- JD degree with admission to the Bar
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and communication skills
- Strong PC skills, knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and/or ongoing direction
- Willingness to perform infrequent travel as and when required
- Able to perform multiple tasks
- Able to work with short lead times
- to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Westlaw a plus
- Participate in a contract review process including participation in the setting of policies and procedures.
- Negotiate, draft and review various agreements (including customer and vendor contracts) and proposals for Company operations in US and Canada.
- Review and assist Company personnel in addressing bid and contract disputes, draft correspondence to customers related to bid and contract disputes and advise sales and operations personnel on risks associated with projects and how to structure contracts to minimize risk.
- Conduct phone and live training to Company personnel on contract policies and review procedures. Provide training, guidance and feedback to coworkers in contract review procedure and best practices.
- Monitor, manage and modify contracts on a regular basis taking into account changes to the law, industry and/or business practice. Periodically review and revise Company standard contracts and draft contracts for specific situations where a Company standard agreement cannot be use or is not applicable.
- Draft, review and negotiate access agreements for access to third party sites.
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks involving the Company.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.