Specialist Purchasing - Hyderabad,TS
Location: Hyderabad, TS, India
Date Posted: Dec 23, 2020
Job ID: 68161
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
- Ensure information entered into the purchasing database is accurate and has proper approval prior to entry.
- Maintain PeopleSoft item database, which includes creating item IDs, processing item links, updating pricing, and creating item catalogs.
- Maintain PeopleSoft vendor database, which includes creating new vendors, processing address changes, and creating vendor reports.
- Assist with training new users on the purchasing system
- Create purchase orders (POs) and change orders.
- Works with new or existing vendors to develop relations and research cost reduction opportunities; analyzes and recommends options.
- Maintain accounts for selected national vendors
- Review and approve invoices as assigned by procurement manager.
- Conduct purchasing data analysis assign by Procurement Manager to support cost savings initiatives
- Trains and supports field personnel on purchase order processing and troubleshooting to ensure accuracy and integrity in the purchase process
- Process supplier credit applications in line with Clean harbors legal and risk management policies
- Process all field issued Vendor Information Requests (VIR).
- Perform Supplier negotiations, request for proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotes (RFQ) with regional and local suppliers that are not under the national preferred vendor umbrella
Pre – Requisites
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- PeopleSoft 9.1 purchasing and inventory knowledge
- WIN purchase order knowledge
- Basic Supplier negotiation skills