The Instructional Designer is responsible for design and implementation of training program modules and courseware. Key responsibilities include design and production of learning resources utilizing graphics, audio, video and animation technologies for e-learning.
- Provide course design expertise for the development for computer-based training courses.
- Production of e-learning resources utilizing graphics, audio, video and animation technologies.
- Design and implementation of training materials incorporating interactive training techniques and assessments.
- Manage development process, setting standards for assisting business partners in the design of curriculum, and retooling courses for multiple delivery methods.
- Coordinate activities of subject matter experts.
- Manage multiple program development projects simultaneously.
- Manage and communicate with off-site support resources.
- Utilize the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate) model to design curriculum materials.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance, revision, and improvements of existing e-learning courses.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- 3+ years of related experience in the design, development of a learning/organizational development function.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied adult learning theory, instructional design, organizational metrics, learning management systems, and organizational development strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated multiple written and design samples.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Flash. MP4 and HTML5 file types
- Knowledge of design authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate or Storyline Articulate 360 a plus.
- Knowledge of learning management systems (LMS) and their role in distribution of eLearning courseware.