The Senior Environmental Compliance Manager is responsible for providing environmental compliance support and guidance to NY, NJ, CT, and PA Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. and Clean Harbors facilities ensuring compliance with the federal, local, and internal regulatory requirements.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Conduct formal and systematic reviews of the facility to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations for environmental affairs and health and safety.
- Identify problems and recommends corrections; priorities and conducts follow-ups on corrections regarding areas of non-compliance or potential non-compliance.
- Advise corporate and facility management regarding procedural and operational measures to be taken to correct or minimize non-compliant activities with regard to environmental regulations.
- Prepare and maintain the required environmentally related plans and procedures for the facility.
- Prepare reports and documents as required by regulatory agencies and corporate and facility management.
- Apply for original permits and maintain a schedule for renewals, reporting and provisions of all required environmentally related permits.
- Negotiate with Agency regulators for terms favorable to the organization
- Serve as liaison between facilities and outside contractors, and regulatory personnel on all environmentally related activities. Coordinates and accompanies regulatory personnel during all facility inspections. Coordinate environmental audits of each facility by customers
- Act as an alternate Emergency Coordinator by responding to significant accidents, incidents, and complaints. Prepares and submits all required notifications/reports in a timely manner in the event of the implementation of the Contingency Plan.
- Attend workshops, seminars, training courses and professional development programs for the purpose of insuring compliance with upcoming changes in federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Provide responses to compliance, sales, field personnel and customers concerning federal, state and local environmental regula
- Perform audits of internal and external facilities to ensure effectiveness of compliance programs.
- Perform other assignments as assigned by management.
- Monitor permit expiration dates in the Compliance Calendar.
- Monitor new and proposed legislation for impacts to the company and services provided by the company.Prepare and submit permit renewal applications and modifications.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelors’ degree in Environmental Science or related field (Alternate combinations of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years of Environmental Compliance experience
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) laws/regulations required
- Ability to travel between various facilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detailed used oil regulatory knowledge preferred
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching.
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Safety-Kleen?Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.