Our Clean Harbors location in Buttonwillow, CA is hiring Chemists. As a Waste Acceptance Chemist you are responsible for evaluating all information for waste profiles to be safely and compliantly managed by the facility.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Working with others, review waste profiles and analytical data for potential incoming wastes streams against State, Federal and facility specific criteria to evaluate acceptability;
- Identify processes by which waste shipments will be managed at the facility and provide direction to others on said processes;
- Communicate with outside team members regarding waste stream issues that are identified in the profile review or receiving process;
- Maintain Operating Record of Waste Acceptance information;
- Create shipping paperwork for off-site hazardous waste shipments.
- Maintain a safe working environment that is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health & Safety and Compliance protocols.
- Review treated waste laboratory reports as part of a treatment verification process;
- Adhere to all applicable Clean Harbors’ policies and SOPs;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by management;
- Develop familiarity with various laboratory analyses used to characterize incoming waste materials;
- Present topics at periodic facility training events;
- Track and manage outbound shipments of facility generated leachate wastes.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or a related science preferred;
- 3 years work experience minimum of environmental, industrial or hazardous waste required;
- Solid understanding of math and chemistry required;
- Good organizational skills, decisiveness, initiative, and attention to detail is required;
- Excellent computer skills required;
- Ability to read and understand regulations/SOPs and then apply that knowledge in a variety of situations;
- Good written and oral communications skills required.
- Valid Drivers license required.
|40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. |
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.