The Lab Chemist will be responsible for the complex analysis of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days
- Group 401-K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Performs complex analysis of samples following prescribed procedures, calibrates and utilizes sophisticated instrumentation
- Understands all aspects of the instrumentation, troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment
- Completes all paperwork associated with the analyses in a neat and timely fashion (calibration logs, run logs, etc.)
- Ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines
- Problem solving when results fall outside of mandated specifications or are otherwise suspect
- Manages in their area of responsibility and proper management of waste generated as a result of analytical procedures
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry (or related science)
- 1+ years experience in a lab setting performing sampling preparation and analysis
- Knowledge of methodologies for hazardous waste, water and soil matrices
- Experience with testing metals and water analysis is a plus
- Good organizational skills, decisiveness and initiative
- Ability to flourish in a team-oriented work environment
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We appreciate all those interested in joining Clean Harbors; only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.