The Broker Account Manager focuses on building business within their territories as well as developing and maintaining strong customer relationships. Clients include Brokers who own/operate environmental Processing/Treatment/Disposal facilities, Brokers who own/operate 10 Day Transfer Facilities, Field Service only companies, and Agent Only Brokers who act primarily as brokers of waste disposal. The sales representative provides product insight to our clientele with strong emphasis on disposal line of business. This is an outside sales opportunity. Location is flexible within Southern California. Role requires ability to travel overnight as required.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401k with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Implement Sales Plan. Obtain signed standard service agreements for new corporate account business;
- Customer Sales Support. Promote communication and coordination between sales, operations, customer service and customers. Develop and maintain corporate level communication with corporate accounts;
- Manage Profitability. Obtain a minimum yearly goal in new business accounts. Meet quarterly and annual revenues objectives. Meet or exceed the threshold for the established minimum number of sales calls per week;
- Market Strategy. Identify corporate account locations company-wide and direct the appropriate sales and service personnel to those locations as needed;
- Develop Client Solutions. Maintain daily awareness of sales activities and results;
- Contact Management. Demonstrate ability to negotiate pricing and contract requirements. During customer sales calls, determine adequacy of present level of service and recommend adjustments;
- Client Networking. Participate in joint sales calls with local account owners to promote business and to provide coaching and feedback to account managers;
- Complete annual sales revenues budget & used Motor Oil Gallon Budget if applicable;
- Reports. Assist in the collection of invoices revenue from customers. Manage and control sales expenses and ensure the timely submission of business expenses.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor's degree preferred;
- 3+ years industry or relevant experience;
- Develop and maintain technical understanding of all site and technical service line of business;
- Maintain ability to work with little or no supervision. Maintain ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Must have excellent presentation and writing skills;
- Ability to travel 20%;
- Maintain knowledge of State & Federal Waste Codes Regulations.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.