The I & E Engineering Manager will be primarily project or task oriented in a technical or engineering role. Will manage the I & E department and work with engineering and operations to optimize the performance of the operation. Will generally work as part of a team under the direction of senior technical and engineering employees but capable of working independently as well.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in troubleshooting/repairing Instrumentation and Electrical hardware in a heavy industrial environment;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in programming/maintaining/troubleshooting PLC and DCS systems across multiple platforms in a heavy industrial environment;
- Demonstrates a high-level knowledge in process controls including detailed understanding of the process, ability to optimize the parameters and optimize the measurable outcomes while minimizing risks of hazards;
- Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training;
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment in an industrial environment;
- Demonstrates, optimizes and instructs an expert knowledge of the control methods, analog and discrete and the critical components to developing sustainable control algorithms;
- Proficient experience in implementing control methodology in DCS, PLC or HMI platforms with a high level of understanding of various programming languages. Able to easily adapt to a new platform with development support;
- Ability to optimize design and implement knowledge of control system architecture including hardware, software, instrumentation and networking equipment;
- Proficient understanding of analog advanced control and batch control and ability to lead implementation;
- Demonstrates leadership in loop checking, startup, troubleshooting and commissioning support in an industrial environment;
- Proficient ability to understand control philosophy and write functional requirement specifications based on expected functionality including description of control loops, interlocks and alarms.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Five years or more experience in an Instrumentation/ Engineering environment;
- Bachelor's degree preferred;
- Distributed control system experience and/or CEM experience required;
- Displays ambition for learning new processes, platforms or other new offerings at Clean Harbors;
- Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business;
- Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in projects;
- Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.