Our East Chicago, IN branch is currently seeking a Lead Mechanic who will be responsible for supervising and performing a wide variety of repairs and preventative maintenance on all Company units in the Safety-Kleen refinery including pumps, compressors, and blowers.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Oversee Safety within Maintenance workshop and completes required Safety activities such as monthly inspections, updates safety boards, conduct daily toolbox talks, etc. as per company safety policy;
- Supervise, train, mentor and assign work to shop laborers/mechanics, and any registered apprentices in the shop, as required
- Timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork such as Repair Orders, Inspections, and Inventory Sheets;
- Ensure expected completion timelines for various repairs are met and that equipment is repaired and sent out in a timely preventative maintenance manner;
- Monitor all equipment to ensure it is in superior working condition to leave on a job or if it is in need of repair for safety reasons;
- Ensure the shop area is kept clean, organized and free of hazards at all times as per office expectations, reporting all hazards and near misses as appropriate;
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company equipment;
- Equipment repair on rotary equipment;
- Troubleshooting on rotary equipment pumps, compressors, and gearboxes/reducers.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- 3 + years of mechanic experience working on rotary equipment required;
- Previous experience managing/supervising a team of shop technicians/mechanics is a strong asset;
- Knowledge operating the following required: Forklift, Telescopic manlift, Scissorlift, Extended boom forklift;
- Previous experience working in a refinery or chemical plant highly preferred;
- Mechanical millwright experience with rotary equipment preferred;
- Basic computer skills.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.