The Finance Director is a primary business partner to the Facilities group. This role supports the Executive/Senior Vice-Presidents and General Managers to ensure that financial data is maintained and reported in a timely and accurate manner. They will also partner with the business leaders to provide high quality and influential financial analysis and support to strategic decisions under consideration.
The role provides an opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment leveraging a cross-functional team that has a sizable impact on future investments within Clean Harbors’ Asset Management Organization and strategies across other areas of the business.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Building and leading a strong facilities finance team who can partner with the operations leaders to provide financial support and guidance in all areas of the business
- Partner with Operations, Senior/Vice-Presidents, and Management as the key Finance resource providing insightful analysis
- Oversee and complete monthly closing of all Profit and Loss (P&L) activity; Analyze key costs incurred for various tasks and specific jobs vs. expectations.
- Create and analyze cost modeling for new business opportunities and be a financial partner in strategic decisions by providing job profitability.
- Effectively communicate and present financial results at the branch or region level to Executive Management, including processes and procedures critical to the generation of timely and accurate financial results. Recommend areas for improvement from any unfavorable trends.
- Lead and execute completion of annual budgets and presentations to Leadership Team
- Complete monthly forecasts, identify variances to actuals/budgets and create the monthly/quarterly reporting packages. Be prepared to present to senior management at operating review meetings.
- Research and compile information from various systems and sources and recommend approaches to improve profit to operations personnel, as well as system and control improvements to senior management.
- Responsible for timely and accurate submissions to auditors when questions arise surrounding audits and control testing.
- Special projects as required
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Degree in finance or accounting required.
- 10+ years in accounting or finance related positions.
- Microsoft Office Excel expert user—knowledgeable in Access and PowerPoint
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and adjust accordingly
- Must be an analytical and flexible thinker with a high attention to detail
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and with people at various levels in the organization
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.