Clean Harbors Norwell is looking for an Emergency Operations Center Lead Operator to join their safety conscious team! The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Lead Duty Operator is responsible for daily oversight of the 24 Hour Emergency Operations Center, organizing and assigning staff to projects as they arise, ensuring completion in a timely manner, oversee the daily activities of the department and managing departmental personnel, under the direction of the department manager.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for the coordination of all communications traffic in and out of the Clean Harbors EOC on a 24/7 basis.
- Responsible for the publication and accuracy of the daily EOC shift report which documents all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Keep all EOC reference material up to date plus responsible for routine tests verifying accuracy of data and simulated drills.
- Ensure that, when requested, all operators are able to provide detailed shipping information to regulatory personnel regarding Hazardous Materials transported by Clean Harbors’ vehicles.
- Oversee training of new or temporary Duty Operators.
- Support Field Service Operations with general administrative needs for Emergency Response (ER) and Non ER calls.
- Create incident reports and assemble invoice packages for specific key accounts. Ensure accuracy of all invoices provided.
- Available as needed to assist with customer calls during periods of heavy phone traffic.
- Create, maintain, and distribute master copies of all EOC documents including but not limited to: EOC Shift Report, Emergency Response Quick Reference Directory, Emergency Operations Center SOP manual, Emergency Response Daily On-Call List, Emergency Operator Shift Schedule, Emergency Operator Contact List, and other reports requested by management.
- Oversee the scheduling of shifts and vacations for all EOC Duty Operators to ensure that the EOC is always staffed with the appropriate amount of trained personnel to handle incoming calls.
- Assigns staff to projects and ensures completion.
- Weekly review of employee hours worked to ensure payroll accuracy.
- Recommend and implement strategies for process, quality, or service improvements.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to Handle Multiple Tasks Simultaneously
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to Work in a Team Environment as well as independently
- Works with little or no Supervision
- Strong organizational skills, decisiveness and initiative
- Ability to work in and promote a team environment
- PC skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and MapPoint. Clean Harbors system driven software i.e. Beacon, WinWeb and PeopleSoft experience
- Ability to perform mandatory coverage as requested by management during Holidays, as well as during vacation, personal and sick time for other EOC Duty Operators
- Ability to remain calm while handling a potential crisis
- Ability to work overtime as requested by management.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.