Safety-Kleen is seeking a Director of Business Development - Base Oil & Specialties, to drive significant long-term business growth by identifying and helping secure new, high value commercial contracts with customers in key strategic sectors. Position may require travel away from home up to 50%. Job may possibiliy be open to other locations.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching componentGenerous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Working with Senior Sales, Strategy & Marketing Leaders, identify alternative sectors for sale of Base Oil and other specialty products, that enable Safety-Kleen to better manage the inherent risks associated with Commodity Markets.
- Develop high level relationships within key customer contacts in order to strengthen executive ties between Safety-Kleen Oil and Strategic Clients; gain access to improved executive relationships at the VP level and higher that enable us to win new, high value commercial contracts.
- Penetrate complex organizational structures with target customers, building relationships at senior levels to identify broad strategic needs & opportunities that Clean Harbors and Safety-Kleen have the potential to address. Work with Marketing, Pricing, Technology, Strategy & Sales across Clean Harbors to develop customized and differentiated value propositions that enable the Sales Teams to progress deals through the Sales Pipeline.
- Collaborate with, and provide guidance to, the Sales Managers potentially associated with the strategic accounts. Work with Sales and related personnel to retain/grow business, expand revenue and cross-sell new LOB's into strategic account locations.
- Develop, maintain and communicate KPIs and dashboards that effectively measure Business Development progress and visibly translate into increased sales activity within the target sectors.
- Maintain company and contact information, and document all sales calls, customer visits, and business opportunities in CRM.
What does it take to work for Safety Kleen?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Management is required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other business function is preferred.
- 7+ years of Lubricant or related Petrochemical experience required.
- Proven network of relationships at senior levels of Companies within the Petrochemical value chain.
- Ability to work with a variety of managers, each with different skills and personalities.
- Proven ability to think strategically and broadly in the development of customized and differentiated value propositions that address customer needs and challenges.
- Excellent relationship-building & negotiating skills.
- Strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to influence without direct management responsibility.
- Strong background in disciplined sales process management.
- Effective verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- 50% travel required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Safety-Kleen? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.