This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wilmington, CA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2020
Job ID: 69025
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The Facility Technician I performs hands on operations such as drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations and offloading vans.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Performs basic operations including, but not limited to, drum movement, drum opening, tank farm truck loading/unloading in Compliance with DOT segregation requirements, filter press operations, and proper inventory warehousing.
• Operates a forklift when necessary, responsible for performing and documenting daily safety check prior to operating.
• Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements, able to use scanning application for dumping and pumping.
• Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
• Reviews all applicable SOP’s and satisfactorily completes quizzes.
• Ensures, understands and has ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards.
• Meets or exceeds production goals.
• Must maintain a clean work environment.
• Understands Clean Compliance Standard.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 6+ months related work experience.
• Fork lift and DOT training.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Climb on and off forklifts
• Lifting up to 50 lbs from the ground to your waste
• Climb up and down vertical ladders
• Capable of reaching out, over and down exerting a force
• 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical
• 10 pushups, deep knee squats and sit-ups (to determine if fit)
• Good hand/eye coordination
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.