We are looking for a Heavy Duty Mechanic to add to our location in Wichita, KS. The Heavy Duty Mechanics are primarily responsible for assisting in the process of working on trucks, trailers and other heavy duty equipment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive above market hourly wages with weekly overtime opportunities!
- Day Shift, Monday – Friday;
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Accounts available!
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- All PPE and uniforms provided and cleaned daily, and an annual boot allowance;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Working in a team environment;
- Participate in Safety activities such as monthly inspections, updates safety boards, conducts daily toolbox talks, etc. as per company specific policies;
- Perform refurbishment related mechanical activities such as working with electrical/wiring and hydraulics;
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists electronically;
- Move company equipment safely in yard and shop as needed;
- Ensure the shop area is kept clean, tidy and free of hazards at all times as per office expectations, reporting all hazards and near misses as appropriate;
- Installation , fabrication of trailer related equipment such as pumps, axles, tires, wheels, hydraulic systems and electrical systems;
- Enter time and materials into an electronic work order system
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1-3 years experience working as a Heavy Duty Mechanic in a shop environment;
- Previous assembly or repair, inspection of tank trailers is an asset;
- Possess basic computer skills and vehicle diagnostic systems;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to be a team player and take ownership and pride in this manufacturing facility!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view additional information!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH