The Health Safety Manager provides comprehensive safety and health direction and support to Site Service operations in their assigned area. This includes providing guidance and direction to management and various personnel on implementing Health and safety Programs and promoting continuous safety improvement.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Oversee and manage Health & Safety Representative(s).
- Audit performance and compliance with policies, programs, and procedures.
- Assist in development and review of safety and health programs.
- Identify new health and safety programs needs or changes to existing programs.
- Advise and represent Company during regulatory actions.
- Attend operations meetings to review health & safety concerns and issues;
- Serve as a member of the Health & Safety Committee(s);
- Conduct Safety Meetings on topics designed to promote a better understanding of company policies, programs, procedures or general health and safety;
- Participate as a technical member on Health and Safety Committee, and assists in driving completion of meetings;
- Manage safety equipment inspection and testing programs, and maintain equipment;
- Inspect emergency equipment.
- Conduct site surveys to assure compliance with Corporate Health and Safety policies, programs, procedures and guidelines, and proper work practices needed to maintain a safe and healthful operation and work site;
- Complete a Site Survey Form for each field site visited, and discuss the results with the job site Foreman and Branch Manager. Maintains one copy, provides one to the Foreman, Branch Manager and Job File;
- Conduct periodic health and safety survey of field/facility office to assure adherence to OSHA regulations and proper health and safety practices;
- Conduct health and safety surveys as assigned, and prepare reports on observations;
- Refers non-compliance conditions, uncooperative supervision, illness or accident trends to Regional Health and Safety Manager.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent (Associate’s degree in occupational health and safety or a closely related field preferred)
- 5+ years of progressive Health & Safety experience
- Understanding of OSHA
- Excellent knowledge of Federal and State health and safety regulations
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong PC skills
- Experiencing managing others preferred
- Ability to travel 50%-70% (the majority will be day travel)
- Experience with training employees in company required standards and policies along with regulatory training requirements.
- Having practical experience in Process Safety Management and knowledge of the OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.119.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us atwww.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.