Clean Harbors Chambly, QC is looking for a General Manager - National Transportation to join their safety conscious team! As the General Manager you will have oversight and management of National Transportation Drivers throughout Canada. Your responsibilities will include upholding safe and compliant driver operations to support continuous driver growth and lower the company transportation expenses.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group RRSP with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages the assigned drivers including financial KPI's, budgets, forecasting, and P&L measurements;
- Works with his or her senior leaders to reduce company transportation expenses;
- Operational responsibility to review, manage and improve load efficiencies, driver work hours, loads per hour, week & month, compares to operational KPI's;
- Manages the assigned drivers and directly interact with HR and Recruiting to hire new drivers, and improve Safety, Employee Engagement, Regulatory Compliance and Retention Performance Management;
- Responsible for driver and equipment utilization and maintenance for assigned drivers feeding into the overall business group;
- Work with the asset management team to ensure the proper equipment is available for current work and growth potential;
- Implement low cost driver strategies including Owner Operator hiring to lower operational costs;
- Support internal and external customer with transportation pricing and execution;
- Daily dispatch and interface of assigned drivers;
- Provide optimal customer service across the assigned regions and communicate schedules and delays to managers and specific customers on a real time basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related discipline;
- 5 - 10 years Transportation experience;
- 5 years’ experience at managers level or higher;
- Experience in the environmental industry or knowledgeable in the environmental industry;
- Able to travel between 10-25 percent of the time;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to work in a team environment or with no supervision.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.