Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic - Bakersfield,CA
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bakersfield, CA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 7, 2020
Category: Automotive Maintenance
Job ID: 69016
As a Heavy-Duty Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic in Bakersfield, California, you’ll be part of a team that ensures the safety of Clean Harbors’ diverse fleet of company vehicles, including Class 6, 7 and 8 trucks, light-duty vehicles, and a variety of trailers and heavy equipment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we Live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive hourly wages.
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the #1 priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform services and repairs from basic preventative maintenance inspections and troubleshooting, all the way up to brake work, suspension and drive-line repairs on medium and heavy-duty trucks and trailers.
- Perform DOT, BIT, FMCSA inspections and corresponding repairs.
- Familiarity with diesel emissions systems.
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists.
- Move company equipment safely in yard as needed.
- Performing routine physical labor duties and help keep the workplace clean and safe.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2 years’ experience with heavy-duty trucks, trailers, and specialized equipment preferred.
- Be a team player.
- Understanding of air brake systems and basic hydraulics.
- Must have own hand tools.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Basic welding and light fabrication skills a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Basic computer skills, ie the ability to enter maintenance data on a work station.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.