The Systems Engineer is responsible for installation, configuration (hardware, operating system software, tuning, utility software, and application software), management of servers and storage equipment. This position also provides Level-2 technical assistance to department associates.
Clean Harbors hosts its own Enterprise Class datacenter in its Norwell, MA. Campus with nearly 800+ servers, multiple Cisco UCS deployments and VM clusters backed by multiple SANs. Many applications are home grown but all reside under a Microsoft Architecture leveraging Windows Servers and MS SQL. In addition to these systems MS Exchange, MS Active Directory, VMWare to name a few (and the core of our infrastructure) falls under the Systems Engineering group’s responsibility. Clean Harbors has over 450 branch locations, 15,000 employees with 10,000+ nodes on its network.
- Work with the business and our Dev/QA groups to respond to work requests regarding installation, configuration and maintenance of server software and hardware.
- Assist in design, planning and implementation of IT solutions as part of the Infrastructure Team; ranging from Microsoft related deployments to VMWare/Virtualization infrastructure & other 3rd party solutions.
- Provide daily Server, Storage, Virtualization and IT infrastructure administration and support, including system stability, integrity, troubleshooting, and managing user and active directory administration.
- Maintain servers including software and hardware troubleshooting, system repair, and preventive maintenance.
- Work as part of our server-infrastructure team ensuring 24/7 operations of our primary Datacenter and all systems within.
- Log and track users’ issues in our helpdesk application. (escalated L2 tickets) As well mentoring lower level systems personnel.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Act as an advocate for security mindedness in all implementations, actively work to ensure compliance with SOX, PCI and other audits against the environment.
- Ensures high availability and proper backup / disaster recovery protections are in place
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related job experience + industry certifications/training.
- 4+ years related Systems Engineering experience working directly for a corporation/entity. Enterprise Class equipment, Datacenter/NOC experience a plus.
- Certifications with Microsoft, Cisco, EMC, VMWare and other relevant authorities in Enterprise IT eco-system are a plus.
- Strong scripting experience: PowerShell (Preferred), VBScript, Batch
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving/Analytical skills.
- Windows 10 Deployment/migration experience a plus
- Office 365 & Exchange online administrative experience REQUIRED; migration/deployment experience a plus
- Proficiency in design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following required: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2+, VMWare ESXi 6.3+, VMWare VCenter and CORE services running on these services.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Systems Center products: System Center Configuration Manager, Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Experiencing working with and managing monitoring solutions for IT operations, equipment and application performance such as Solar Winds.
- Experience working with enterprise equipment and servers from but not limited to the following: HPE (HP Blade and Rack Servers), DELL Servers/Storage, Cisco UCS Blade Centers – Cisco UCS Experience Preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience managing an enterprise class backup suite
- Experience working in a 24/7 IT self-hosted environment/Datacenter operations. Must understand redundancy of connectivity both physical and logical.
- Strong technical knowledge of the following client PC operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10.
- Technical knowledge and experience with the use of Windows Failover clustering / Windows HA Clustering.
- Expert knowledge and experience administrating and deploying virtualization technologies, specifically Hyper-V & VMWare eco systems.
- Technical knowledge SAN Storage, NAS Storage, storage area network technologies, replication technologies, Fiber-Channel preferred but iSCSI acceptable.
- Ability to present solutions based on technical knowledge and past experiences.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision; self-motivated / take on a project and run with it type
- Ability to work under pressure in face paced environment.
- Ability to work in an office environment and sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 75lbs / move equipment or otherwise work physically in an IT Datacenter to rack/manage equipment where needed. Including standing, bending, climbing, kneeling.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally responsible business.
If interested, kindly share your profile along with the below details please:
- Total Experience:
- Relevant Experience in System Engineering:
- Current Location:
- Willingness to relocate to Hyderabad
- Current Salary:
- Expected Salary:
- Notice Period:
Safety Starts with Me: Live It 3-6-5
Santosh Kumar Katteti
Email: [email protected]