The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the non-routine analysis of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties and managing laboratory operations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Performs non-routine analysis of samples following prescribed procedures with the ability to solve minor problems
- Calibrates and utilizes sophisticated instrumentation, able to understand all aspects of the instrumentation
- Maintenance of equipment, including outside vendor scheduling per maintenance contract schedules and suggests solutions to equipment problems and new/replacement laboratory equipment
- Completes all paperwork associated with the analysis in a neat and timely fashion
- Ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines
- Ensures that laboratory maintains all applicable local, state and federal testing certifications
- Responsible for meeting analytical testing schedules for required permit and discharges
- Maintains working relationship with outside laboratory for required permit and discharge analytical
- Responsible for supply management in their area of responsibility
- Responsible for problem solving when results fall outside of mandated specifications
- Responsible for proper management of waste generated as a result of analytical procedures
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment that is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health & Safety and Compliance protocols
- Implements, maintains and provides necessary training in accordance with the Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Supervises the laboratory staff of small operations
- Trains less senior members of the laboratory, implements and suggests operational improvement strategies, completes all personnel functions for the laboratory staff, including but not limited to, hiring, terminating, performance evaluations, as applicable
- Performs other duties and task as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required, BS/ BA in Chemistry or related field preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Solid understanding of math, chemistry, and chemical testing
- Advanced working knowledge of the laboratory
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Organization skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Management/ Leadership skills
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.