Clean Harbors, Ithaca, NY is looking for a Environmental Project Manager to join their safety conscious team!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages and oversees small to midsize, technically complex projects involving waste site clean-up and construction, building and equipment decontamination and demolition;
- Prepares proposals, including cost estimates and work scopes and schedules;
- Acts as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues;
- Takes lead on all credit and collections issues as it relates to work generated within the managed business units;
- Provides technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement;
- Prepares project submittals, manages and documents all aspects of project execution including weekly cost and revenue analysis, ordering materials and supplies;
- Coordinates with the Operations Manager for Equipment and Staffing to execute the project;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology or related disciplines;
- 5+ years’ experience in environmental, remediation or site construction;
- Professional credential is prefered (License geologist for engineering)
- Previous Project Management experience;
- Cost estimating and budget management experience;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to review and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
- In depth knowledge of remedial technologies;
- Excellent verbal/written and presentation skills;
- Strong customer management skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing remedial sites.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.