Safety-Kleen is seeking a Service Manager to join the Safety-Kleen branch team. Our Service Manager (known internally as Customer Service Manager) is responsible for ensuring optimum customer service leading to retention and expansion of the branch business. Key responsibilities include supervising customer service staff, ensuring services are completed in a timely manner, and managing customer relationships.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage the branch customer service functions including hiring, training and supervision of the sales and service representatives (SSR);
- Manage sales and service staff in achieving customer retention, on-time service performance, and accounts receivable goals by: observing corporate operating guidelines, training and reinforcing critical service skills, and working to prevent and resolve customer service issues;
- Conduct inspections and ride-alongs with sales and service staff to ensure timely and effective servicing of customers’ equipment;
- Direct branch service scheduling and logistics to ensure on-time performance for all customers by aligning territories, defining routes, and managing associated paperwork;
- Ensure SSR compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety (EHS) requirements by working with corporate EHS resources to keep all training and record keeping up to date, and by monitoring daily operations to assure performance is within regulatory guidelines;
- Work with Branch General Manager (BGM) to ensure effective operation of the branch including maintenance and operation of branch fleet to company standards, assistance with branch incident alert and spill response systems, and control of branch inventory;
- Administer branch accounts receivable program to maximize collection of money at the time of service, collect on overdue accounts, and determine when to pull an account;
- The Customer Service Manager recommends hiring, training, scheduling, performance appraisal, promoting, compensation, and termination;
- Ensure that all branch customer service practices are conducted consistent with high ethical standards.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Required attendance at a two (2) week long on-boarding, regulatory and position specific training course that will be held out of town;
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- 3+ years of leadership experience;
- Class B CDL, Haz Mat, Air Brakes and Tankers endorsement preferred;
- Must have the ability to obtain and retain a Class B commercial driver’s license with Hazmat endorsements;
- Intermediate or greater Microsoft Office skills.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.