Clean Harbors Norwell, MA is looking for a General Manager- Transportation to join their safety conscious team! This role will oversee and manage National Transportation drivers to make sure the operation is safe and complaint. The General Manager role will support continuous driver growth and lower the company transportation expense. This role will handle the financial reporting responsibility for assigned drivers up through the business group. Position may require travel away from home up to 10-25%
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages the assigned drivers including financial KPI's, budgets, forecasting, and P&L measurements. Works with his or her senior leaders to reduce company transportation expense;
- Operational responsibility to review, manage and improve load efficiencies, driver work hours, loads per hour, week & month, compares to operational KPI's;
- Manages the assigned drivers and has direct interaction with HR and Recruiting to hire new drivers, and improve Safety, Employee Engagement, Regulatory Compliance, Retention Performance Management;
- Responsible for driver and equipment utilization and maintenance for assigned drivers feeding into the overall business group. Maximize and measure load efficiencies. Work with the asset management team to ensure the proper equipment is available for current work and growth potential. Implement low cost driver strategies including Owner Operator hiring to lower operational costs;
- Mentors, coaches and develops the driver pool. Provides and receives feedback from team. Implements employee growth plans. Responsible for driver review and driver progression through CHES CBPP programs. Responsible for Owner Operator vendor scorecards;
- Properly reports, investigates and manages all accidents and near miss incidents. Drive continuous safety improvement;
- Support internal and external customer with transportation pricing and execution;
- Daily systems approval for all driver applications. Including but not limited to daily payroll review and approval, fuel and Pcard purchases, lodging, ELD HOS of service and time off requests;
- Daily dispatch and interface of assigned drivers. Coordinator will dispatch using the available systems including TMS, ELD interface, manual schedules and WIN TMS, LWB and Hub Mgmt. Provide optimal customer service across the assigned regions. Communicate schedules and delays to manager and specific customers on real time basis;
- Other Duties as Assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel away from home up to 10-25%
- High School diploma or equivalency required;
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred;
- P&L Experience;
- 5 - 10 years Transportation experience;
- 5 years’ experience at Managers level or higher;
- Experience in the environmental industry;
- Knowledgeable in Environmental Industry.
- Operational experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of profit improvement;
- Able to maintain accuracy of system and report information;
- Proficiency in Windows based application;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Very detailed orientated;
- Ability to work with no supervision;
- Require sitting, speaking, listening, grasping.
- Requires reaching, standing, walking, stooping and crouching;
- Lift pull and/or push or carrying/ lifting up.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.