Clean Harbors is seeking a National Product Line Manager-Lab Pack to drive significant long-term business growth.
The National Product Line Manager is responsible for developing, executing and supporting strategies that result in target growth in revenue and profitability while enhancing brand equity and shareholder value.
This individual needs to have the skill set to develop these strategies through internal and external research utilizing various means to extract expertise and market opinion (i.e. leveraging internal expertise, internal and external surveys, working with analytics, visiting customers, attending trade shows, witness service execution, interview co-workers, etc.). They will need to communicate and promote these strategies to senior leadership and be able to effectively manage the implementation and adoption as well as provide comprehensive updates and analytics regarding the performance to plan.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Developing, executing and supporting strategies that result in target growth in revenue and profitability while enhancing brand equity and shareholder value.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Facilities and the assigned business owners to identify opportunities (and risks) both short and long term and develop business plans that prioritize and address these strategic gaps.
- Incorporates regulatory environment and changes into overall strategies and tactics.
- Identifies trends (positive and negative) within accounts and market, develops strategies and tactics to capture opportunities and resolve systemic issues.
- Penetrate complex organizational structures with target customers, building relationships at senior levels to identify broad strategic needs & opportunities that Clean Harbors and Safety-Kleen have the potential to address.
- Identifies internal obstacles to growth based on customer needs
- Develops Geographic, Class and Vertical specific strategies – operational, pricing and marketing.
- Focused on both business development and operational programs that will deliver consistent and measurable growth within the various product lines within the national business.
- Understands the changing competitor strategies with regards to Pricing, Operational, Facility Assets, and Value Proposition. Effectively articulates these items to Corporate Sales & Marketing as well as the Sales and Service organization.
- Proactively identifies gaps and new customer needs in our offerings.
- Work with marketing and key personnel and customers to discover and present business development opportunities that will extend our leadership position and drive consistent meaningful growth in earnings per share.
- Collaborate with, and provide guidance to, the Sales Managers potentially associated with the strategic accounts. Work with Sales and related personnel to retain/grow business, expand revenue and cross-sell new LOB's into strategic account locations. Identifies new sales channels required to significantly grow the CP and HHW business.
- Team management and accountability including effective presentation and communication to target audience along with great follow up and ability to change mid-stream to achieve targeted results.
- Develop, maintain and communicate KPIs and dashboards that effectively measure Business Development progress and visibly translate into increased sales activity within the target sectors.
- Incorporates Product Stewardship changes into growth effort for specific waste streams – Paint and Pharmaceuticals are two current examples in the market
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or similar is preferred. Will accept relevant industry or business development experience.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other business function is preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant experience required
- Demonstrated leadership and success in developing and executing strategies that delivered significant growth, ideally involving new products/services and/or new markets; Segment or product line marketing leadership
- Proven network of relationships at senior levels of Companies
- Ability to work with a variety of managers, each with different skills and personalities.
- New business development, product/service management roles working with a diverse range of tools, processes and methodologies Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint; Strong financial skills; A consistent track record of significant contributions to the development of strategies and tactics meeting/exceeding growth, revenue and operating income objectives
- Execute and enhance existing projects on-time and ensure organizational adoption.
- Strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to influence without direct management responsibility.
- Highly effective interfacing, communicating and influencing customers, sales and channel partners
- Strong background in disciplined sales process management.
- Effective verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ensure organizational adoption of strategies and tactics across all geographies.
- 25%+ travel required
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.