The Environmental Compliance Specialist is responsible for working with the Compliance Manager to ensure the facility permit requirements are met at all times, to maintain facility records and inspections, and to meet all agency reporting deadlines.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assist the Compliance Manager with the preparation of reports and RCRA/OSHA facility training modules.
- Conduct on-site inspections, as requested by the Compliance Manager.
- Review and manage facility compliance records as required.
- Perform quarterly ambient sampling for soils, rainfall, air, etc. and review laboratory results for quality assurance.
- Notify Compliance Manager of incidents/accidents and maintain facility incident and corrective action records.
- Conduct tours of the facility, as directed by the Compliance Manager.
- Review facility permits to gain an understanding of the permit conditions/limitations.
- Keep abreast of the regulations/regulatory requirements by reviewing corporate compliance Q & A summaries describing regulatory changes.
- Rectify issues on the receiving flash report or seek assistance of the Compliance Manager on issues outside of assigned authority.
- Answer telephones in a professional and courteous manner and direct inquiries to appropriate parties as necessary.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by management and as required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalency (required).
- B.S. in Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related field (preferred).
- Knowledge of DOT and EPA laws/regulations (preferred).
- Ability to work well in team environment.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient understanding of math, chemistry, and chemical testing.
- Strong problem solving skills and initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (required) and AutoCAD (preferred).
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.