Environmental Technician III - Carson,CA
Location: Carson, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2020
Job ID: 68039
Our Environmental Field Laborer III (Environmental Technician) are responsible for the performance of tasks associated with high pressure water blasting, hazardous waste clean-up, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc., tank cleaning, hydro excavating & hydro blasting
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces
- Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
We offer all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages paid on a weekly basis
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- 1+ years construction or general labor experience
- Previous hyrdroblasting/tank cleaning experience preferred
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record and Valid Driver’s License
- Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies
- Ability to travel and work on an on-call basis
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
We would like to thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those who complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.