Environmental Technician III - Port Arthur,TX
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Port Arthur, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2020
Job ID: 68158
Our Environmental Field Laborer III (Environmental Technician) is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with high pressure water blasting, hazardous waste clean-up, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc., tank cleaning, hydro excavating & hydro blasting
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces
- Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- TWIC Card is a must
- We offer all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages paid on a weekly basis
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- 1+ years construction or general labor experience
- Previous hyrdroblasting / tank cleaning experience preferred
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record and Valid Driver’s License
- Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies
- Ability to travel and work on an on-call basis
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran’s status or on the basis of disability.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.