The Environmental Waste Manager (known internally as ‘InSite Program Manager’) leads the execution of a client’s environmental management program, including managing their hazardous waste program, while serving as the primary contact and interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis.
***The work location is Washington, DC***
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/ with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Establish baseline audit protocol for new waste program
- Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters
- Assist with creating and maintaining hazardous waste profiles
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance
- Monitor satellite accumulation of hazardous waste containers and ensure proper disposal in accordance with state/federal/local regulations
- Inspect hazardous waste containers daily to ensure they are properly labeled, kept closed when not in use and free of leaks, spills, cracks
- Daily Solvent Runs to include pickup of solvent containers and 4L bottles from sinks
- Pickup expired or used chemicals from designated areas for labpack
- Pick up contaminated sharps and replace with new containers
- Segregate high hazard chemicals and coordinate shipments
- Collect batteries throughout facility monthly
- Perform decontamination of lab equipment
- Transport and store wastes from satellite areas to waste storage area and ensure that each is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s in chemistry, biology, or environmental science preferred
- 3+ years of hazardous waste experience
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management
- Familiarity with regulatory state requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We appreciate all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.