Safety-Kleen is seeking a Refinery Engineer. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys understanding and working in a facility environment, including working with and troubleshooting pumps, compressors, and other large rotating equipment. This job is for someone who is comfortable getting out from behind the desk and working in a refinery environment.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Prioritize and direct work in cooperation with the refinery Operations and Engineering team
- Lead root cause analysis of equipment failure and suggest modifications based on analysis.
- Support management of change by reviewing system design and recommending and developing changes.
- Develop specifications for rotating and fixed equipment such as Pressure vessels, Heat exchangers, Pumps, or Compressors.
- Implement and develop as necessary preventative maintenance programs and safe work programs as applies to plant maintenance.
- Oversee work of 4 mechanics and any contract support as necessary.
- Purchase parts and equipment as necessary to support the maintenance activities. Follow corporate procedures for purchasing
- Participate in turnaround planning and engage contractors to staff the outages
- Head up the Shutdown planning and scope of work for the plant as a total - This includes the actual shutdown in work as it takes place (working closely with engineers)
- Work with contractors as necessary to meet maintenance goals. Oversee, direct and approve work.
- Holding contractors and others accountable for time lines, quality of work, QC of jobs, skills levels
- Parts consumptions and cost tracking as defined by GM including labor
- Head up tank outages with necessary inspections and certifications (scaffolding, cleaning, repairing, etc.)
- Work with the facility management team to accomplish a common goal of reliability and run ability.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. Chemical Engineering is preferred, however Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil will also be considered
- 3+ years of industry experience with at least 1+ years of experience working within a Continuous Operation Plant environment
- Oil & Gas industry or Chemical Plant Operations experience is required, Refinery experience is preferred; Midstream or Processing Plant experience will also be considered.
- Working knowledge of ASME pressure vessel and piping codes; and API standards is required.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate verbally all levels and functions of the organization individually and as a team
- Strong organizational skills with increased attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of regulations
- Strong project management skills
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.