Clean Harbors Norwell, MA is looking for a Regional Finance Manager to join their safety conscious team! Clean Harbors is seeking a Finance team member and business partner for Asset Management, Real Estate, Corp Development and Trans Compliance. The Regional Finance Manager is responsible to review, reconcile, and maintain a variety of accounting and financial data and information, including financial closings, preparing a variety of reports, other financial transactions and review and research of business unit profit and loss. This role supports Vice Presidents and Regional Managers to ensure that financial data is maintained and reported in a timely and accurate manner. The role provides an opportunity to work in a friendly, fast-paced environment with a team-player mentality.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages (Insert important compensation details)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Work closely with other finance team members, Operations, Vice Presidents and Management to support Asset Management, Real Estate, Corp Development and Trans Compliance in a "business partner" capacity;
- Perform monthly closing of all Profit and Loss (P&L) activity in the region; Analyze job profitability and analyze P&L each month. Analyze key costs incurred for various tasks and specific jobs vs expectations
- Research, prepare and post Journal Entries;
- Analyze information flow and implement improvements. Participate, recommend, and track cost savings projected vs actual;
- Prepare budget for the region and/or its branches
- Present, explain, and comment on financial results at the branch or region level to Executive Management including processes and procedures critical to the generation of timely and accurate financial results. Recommend areas of improvement for any unfavorable trends;
- Research and compile information from various systems and sources and recommend approaches to improve profit to operations personnel, as well as system and control improvements to senior management.
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Responsible for timely and accurate submissions to auditors when questions arise surrounding audits;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred or equivalent;
- 3-5 years experience and team player mentality in a similar role;
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Driven self-starter with attention to detail and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to work well and communicate with others required;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time required;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and adjust accordingly;
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be an analytical and flexible thinker.
- Excellent detail, organizational, communication and presentation skills
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.