Clean Harbors is looking for an Automation and Technology Specialist. Under the direction of the Director Automation and Technology, the Automation and Technology specialist provides the vision, leadership and management for developing and implementing technology initiatives, as well as, the support effort for these initiatives. The specialist is responsible for planning and supervision of automation and technology, margin enhancement, evaluation and recommendation of automated R&D; and the implementation of guidelines, standards and procedures.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Provides vision, leadership and management of technology resources and projects;
- Leads technology strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals;
- Leads multiple projects, priorities and tasks;
- Develops, maintains and communicates short, intermediate and long-term technology plans;
- Leads the research, coordination and implementation of R&D and presents recommendations for design and tooling;
- Maintains and monitors security measures, training and procedures;
- Leads internal teams, vendor relationships and interacts with business partners across the region to understand and satisfy their technology needs;
- Maintains shared learning and other technology data bases in Portal;
- Maintains adequate software licenses and records for automation technology;
- The Specialist responsibility is to ensure that technology designs meet the integrity guidelines for customers as well as engineering requirements;
- Lead efforts to identify and resolve technical issues that prevent improper use of technology by Clean Harbors and external customers;
- Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in technology and R&D;
- Promotes and oversees strategic relationships between internal resources and external entities, including vendors and partner companies;
- Structures, leads, trains, and develops technology processes for maximum effectiveness.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School plus Specialized Training
- 7 to 10 years’ experience with Automation and Technology
- Strong technical skills in a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Ability to synthesize complex and diverse information;
- Strong leadership skills both upward and downward focus;
- Ability to develop and executive technical plans of significant complexity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals and adapt strategy to changing conditions;
- Exhibits objectivity and openness toward others; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Ability to adapt to change in the work environment; ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Self-motivated and directed;
- Knowledge of business processes, management, budgeting and business office operations;
- Strong technical skill in Excel.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.